Wireless shock wrenches continue to gain popularity, so customers make purchases more thoroughly, after thinking about all the nuances. It is about these nuances that we will talk. We are going to talk about these nuances, with all the features, advantages and disadvantages of each cordless impact wrench, their goals and various nuances to find your best cordless impact wrench.
We will do our best to make your purchase a successful for you.
Do the job right with the best air impact wrenches in 2019. Don’t buy an air impact wrench before reading cordless impact wrench review reviews.
The best overall device, in our opinion, is the DEWALT DCF889M2. This tool will be able to perform its functions optimally, quickly and reliably with its LED backlighting, allowing it to work in poor lighting and visibility. Also, this tool is equipped with an ergonomic handle, which in turn allows you to work with the device for a long time.
The DEWALT Bare-Tool DC820B is the best device for its money because it has the following features at affordable price: a frameless engine, which allows longer operations and increases the durability of the tool. It is compact and lightweight that allows the user to carry out work in less accessible areas and reduces fatigue during the work, alternating brushes that improve the usability of the tool.
The best 3/8 impact wrench is DEWALT DCF813S2. This device is powered by the best battery impact wrench, has one speed for operation, reverse, lightweight: 1.04 kg, case comes complete. The hack wetter is ideally suited for work with highly loaded fasteners. The bright backlight provides work in hard-to-reach, poorly lit areas. Reliability, power, durability, and accuracy – quality, which became the business card of the DEWALT DCF813S2 model.
In the premium choice category, we prefer the Milwaukee 2763-22, since this tool is extremely powerful, has many useful features, contains two long-lasting batteries and multi-level charger that supports your tool in full portability mode. The power controller allows you to operate safely the cordless impact wrench at the highest level without overload and fatigue. The friction ring system allows you to provide uncontrolled shifter changes and offers you one of the best suited fitting approaches with comfort, and speed. With a weight of only 5.8 pounds and a soft rubber handle that is easy to use.
Buyers review for the best cordless impact wrench
We have reviewed all variants of the best cordless impact wrench and have provided full information on the features and capabilities that each of the cordless impact wrenches performs. Cordless impact wrench review tells you about the various features and functions of each device: size, power, availability of LED Lights, Comfort Grips, Brushless Motor, Power Regulation, and Easy Functioning.
A cordless impact wrench tool is needed for everyday work, whether it is a replacement of a tire in a car or household matters at home. Some cordless impact wrenches do not have a lot of features that can satisfy an advanced user, but for their money, they provide the basic functions that are needed to work.
#1 DEWALT DCF889M2 the best impact wrench from overall
If you need to solve certain household affairs, such as repairs, no matter of what complexity, you need to think about a good, high-quality, reliable tool that can perform its functions in an optimal way, quickly and reliably.
The DEWALT DCF889M2 professional wrench is a great tool for solving everyday tasks, which is different from other best impact wrenches with great torque, which guarantees good performance. This model has an LED backlight. Also, this tool is equipped with an ergonomic handle, which in turn allows you to work with the device for a long time.
Scope: DEWALT DCF889M2 is intended for twisting or unscrewing screws, nuts and various other elements of different materials. Often, it is used at service stations for fast or qualitative assembly, as well as disassembly of parts of the car.
- Powerful shock wrench
- Extremely compact
- Modern design
- Improved ergonomics
- Convenient handle
- The battery is quickly discharged
#2 DEWALT Bare-Tool DC820B the best for its money
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC820B is a versatile tool for comfortable work. The tool extends the functionality of the work. The charging time of the battery lasts from 3 to 5 hours.
- Frameless motor for longer operations, increases the durability of the tool
- Compact dimensions and weight of the tool allow the user to access the few available areas and reduce your fatigue while working
- 1,740 pounds per minute for a wide range of fasteners
- 0-2,400 rpm / 0-2,700 ipm to increase the application speed
- Variable brushes that increase the usability of the tool
- There is no battery indication
#3 DEWALT DCF813S2 the best 3/8 impact wrench
Impact wrench, working on battery, 1 speed, reverse, weight: 1.04 kg, a case comes complete. The battery-operated wrench is ideally suited for work with highly loaded fasteners. The bright backlight provides work in hard-to-reach, poorly lit areas. Reliability, power, durability, and quality became the business card of the DEWALT DCF813S2 model.
- Small dimensions of the case allow you to work in hard-to-reach places
- 3 annular LEDs provide maximum coverage of the work area
- Parabolic switch profile allows you to control the speed of rotation
- Ergonomic, modern design and convenient grip reduce vibration while providing comfort and ease of use for the user
- A full metal reducer provides better energy transmission and increases the life of the device
- The small size of the case will not be convenient for all users
#4 Milwaukee 2763-22 the best premium choice
The Milwaukee 2763-22 screw impact wrench has a high torque cordless impact wrench (2300 beats per minute), this force is enough to fix or remove nuts, bolts or other similar items. This cordless impact wrench contains two long-lasting batteries and a multi-level charger that supports your instrument in full portability mode.
The power controller allows you to safely operate the cordless impact wrench at the highest level without overload and fatigue. The friction ring system allows you to monitor uncontrolled shifter changes and offers you one of the best welded seam.
With a weight of only 5.8 pounds and a soft rubber handle, this cordless impact wrench is easy to use all day without fatigue for yourself. With a total length of only 9 inches, its modern design will fit into the rugged work area to complete construction work quickly. The best battery powered impact wrench works fast without any problems.
- Milwaukee 2763-22 boasts a high torque of 2300 rpm
- Contains 2 accumulators and a multi-level charger that supplies power to the entire instrument
- REDLINK PLUS Technology delivers the highest possible performance of a cordless impact wrench without overload and damage to the tool
- Variable jacks which include the friction ring system
- The cordless impact wrench has comfortable rubber grips and stylish and modern design
- High cost of the tool
#5 Ryobi P261 the best for demanding owner
The Ryobi P261 is a powerful enough tool to handle most of your tasks. It is based on an electric motor. Its power supply is carried out with the help of a lithium-ion battery, which has a long service life and good capacity.
The reinforced gearbox in the tool ensures the performance of the tasks. The control coupling eliminates dragging of consumable material and damage to the equipment, which can lead to the product breakdown.
Holder helps you ease the work. Backlighting will also greatly facilitate the performance of tasks in dark areas.
This tool is often used for household and home purposes. Its compactness will allow you to work anywhere and have a device at your fingertips. It can easily be stored in the trunk of a car, in your garage or at home.
- Effective for assembly or repair work
- Light weight of the device
- Ergonomic and comfortable handle
- Inability to work with a 12v battery
#6 Craftsman C3 the best for picky customer
The first thing that attracts buyers of this model is the price. Craftsman electrics have always been and will be attractive to customers.
If you need power, but you do not want and are not ready to spend your hard-earned money on the tool, the Craftsman C3 is created for you. You will get 38 Nm of torque — modern tool with a quick 30-minute charge.
The best electric impact wrench provides the user with not only the portability but also the power of the engine.
The weight of this device is only 1.8 kg, which will allow average users to carry the device easily with them and work with it anywhere. The best electric impact wrench has great power, it can easily loosen the hardest twisted nuts and the most securely fixed bolts.
In addition to all these features, this wrench is one the best portable impact wrenches, it’s easy to carry, which makes it an indispensable helper for quickly changing rims even on the road.
- A low price
- Light weight
- Ability to take the device with you in different places
- Easy to operate
- The battery is sufficiently discharged
#7 Ingersoll Rand W7150-K2 the best tool for its functions
The power is 1100 pounds, the tool weighs 3.1 pounds, which is plenty enough, but it’s the best balance of power and weight in its class.
High-speed variable speed trigger, all-wheel drive with a metal actuator, sturdy casing allows this tool to perform the toughest work and be reliable and durable.
Comfortable properties. The optimized balance of the device, combined with an ergonomic, comfortable handle ensures a long-term use and operation of the instrument.
The long lifetime of a lithium-ion battery provides high capacity and low internal resistance to maximize power and increase work time. Intelligent Battery Management System (BMS) – provides a high level of power and control of the transition from battery to switch.
- High performance and power
- High battery capacity
- Easy to operate
- Sturdy housing
- Low price
- Sufficient weight
- Suitable for a wide variety of jobs
- There is no electronic overload protection
- No additional handle
- There is no dot illumination
#8 Makita XWT08Z LXT the best functional choice
From the very first moment you got the Makita XWT08Z LXT, you will immediately realize that you hold the work of art and not just the technical equipment. This instrument weighs 3,5 kilograms.
The battery and charger are one of Makita’s most advanced features, only 15-30 minutes of charge so that’s enough time to get you back to work. A soft, comfortable handle will help reduce your fatigue during long-term work, and it’s convenient for long-term work.
It’s worth noting that the overall small size of the device combined with a powerful motor can make work not so comfortable.
- The brushless engine BL provides a torque of 1003 Nm
- There are 3 power switching modes: (0-900 / 0-1000 / 0-1800 revolutions per minute and 0-1800 / 0-2000 / 0-2200 beats per minute) provide full and accurate control over the work of a wide range of applications
- 13 mm – retaining ring rod allows to simplify the rapid change of the coupling head in the tool
- The Brushless BL engine does not have carbon brushes, which allows the BL engine to work quietly and more efficiently, which greatly increases the life of the engine and tool as a whole
- The brushless motor has completely electronic control in order to optimize the use of battery power up to 50% longer while the device is running on a single battery charge
- The electronically controlled brushless BL motor BL is so efficient in using the power provided that the number of revolutions per minute corresponds to the pressure on the device
- Compact and ergonomic design of the tool meets the current design requirements
- Light weigh allows you to partially reduce power consumption
- The rubber soft handle provides comfortable work
- A dual-LED light-emitting diode with a function of illumination
- Easy to use direct and return switches
- Weight — its too heavy
- High price
- The device is too short – 229 mm
#9 DEWALT DCF899HB the best choice for options and price
The device is not multifunctional, its main task is to twist and unscrew a variety of bolts and nuts. Despite the limited scope of application, such a device is highly valued due to its high performance, mobility, speed, and reliability.
The body of this device is made of aluminum-magnesium alloy that reduces the weighting up to 1.55 kg to achieve great power.
Besides, the main advantage of this type of material is high thermal conductivity. The heat from the heating zones is given several times better. The gearbox of the tool is also metallic with an extended, long service life.
Equipped with DeWalt DCF830M2 lithium-ion battery XR Li-Ion model with a capacity of 4 Ah, voltage 14 V. The battery provides a speed of rotation of the spindle up to 2 300 rpm.
The number of revolutions is set by the user at his own discretion. The power of the device at the same time reaches 450 W, and the torque is 185 Nm. The intensity of the strikes is also regulated by the user in the range of 0 -2 700 bpm.
The working quadrilateral is made to size 1/2. This creates a disadvantage for users, but with the presence of appropriate adapters to the device, this problem is easily solved.
For ease of use, the tool is equipped with highlighting of the working area, the ergonomic handle has a rubber base for comfort during long-term operation, the switch has a lock.
- Maximum torque of clutch up to 941 Nm and 1 627 Nm maximum torque
- Compact, stylish design with a length of 224 mm
- Multi-speed control for various applications (0-400 / 1,200 / 1,900 revolutions per minute)
- Friction ring with 1/2 stopper
- LED illumination of low visible zones
- High quality
- 3 options for speed of the tool
- The kit includes a charger, two batteries and a tool case for the instrument
- It is not comfortable for long-term work
- No additional handle
#10 Makita XWT11T the best compact choice
Makita XWT11T, a model of a Japanese company, is known for its professional construction properties.
This device is equipped with a shock function and develops speeds up to 3200 rpm. / Min. With such speed, this tool works well and perfectly performs the goals and tasks, even on stone and iron surfaces.
With its small size and ergonomic and modest appearance, the device is powerful enough to achieve high torque and high-speed performance.
As a result of this, there is a tangible vibration that is quite disturbing to work, and even an ergonomic handle does not completely restrain vibration.
Despite these drawbacks, the Makita XWT11T remains one of the most convenient and popular on the market thanks to its convenient rubber handles and LED backlighting.
Also, the significant drawback of the Makita XWT11T is a weak battery requiring frequent recharging. However, if you do not need a device for professional purposes.
- BL Brushless Motor provides ft.lbs. of Max Torque
- Compact, modern and ergonomic design
- 3-speed power switch (0-1,600 / 0-2,100 / 0-2,800 RPM & 0-1,800 / 0-2,600 / 0-3,500 IPM) for precise fastening and control over a wide range of applications
- The automatic stopping mode stops rotating the device for two seconds
- Efficient and powerful BL engine with electronic control system optimizes the use of battery power by 50% longer
- The modern design of the device
- There is no additional handle for more comfortable work
- High price
- Weak battery
- Vibration when working
#11 DEWALT DCF899P1 the best choice for home-made homework
This device is quite popular among users, among its main advantages are compact design, multi-speed control, focus with a fixing pin, and also the function of LED backlighting when working with low-lit areas with a 20-second delay to increase the visibility of the zone.
- Powerful engine for quick operation
- High-performance impact mechanism with a maximum torque of 700 ft./lbs, breakaway torque 1,200 ft./lbs
- 3-step switch for control and control
- LED work light illuminated working areas and LED indicator with a 20-second delay
- Battery pressure sensor
- Compact design
- High price
- Larger weight
- Noise at work
- Only one battery
#12 DEWALT DCF880HM2 the best solution for solving your problems quickly
A 1/2 inch, 20-volt, lithium-ion battery pack comes close to working with all kinds of limited areas that need to work with a wrench to untwist or tighten different nuts and other items.
The battery allows you to work in hard-to-reach places and provides the full support that is needed to work. On the other hand, the LED backlight gives visibility to work in areas where lighting is insufficient or absent.
Working with this device provides comfort and reduces fatigue during working hours. However, the handle guarantees comfort work.
We can confidently say that this model is not for beginners but designed for experienced professionals or people who have already used similar technology. Based on the above, one can confidently say that DEWALT DCF880HM2 is, without doubt, a product worth investing.
- The stylish design of the device
- Three LED lights that work with a 20-second delay after trigger release provide sufficient visibility when working with a little visible area
- Comfortable handle
- Lithium-ion battery of a high capacity
- Fuel sensor
- Attractive price
- Sometimes the ring position of the device loses the jacks
- The horizontal working position of the tool may lose contact with the battery, in order to start the engine
- Too much power, not suitable for a beginner
- The backup battery is weak and not suitable for long-term operation
- It is difficult to work with the device when working with nuts
We have described all variants of the best cordless impact wrench and provided full information on the features and capabilities that each of the cordless impact wrenches performs.
As you can see, more expensive models of cordless impact wrench allow a wider range of work, the cheaper ones are ideal for a small amount of work, for example, at home.
So when you decide which one will be best for you, take into account following criteria.
Criteria for evaluation
- Weight – the lighter the device is, the more convenient it is to use for a long time.
- Power – the more powerful the engine of the tool, the more work it can do.
- Versatility – these are the tools that are suitable for home work, and for professional use, for example, for construction.
- Comfort – the tool should satisfy several conditions: light weight, light function, powerful engine, comfortable handle, large capacity of the battery
- Anvil Size – a cordless impact wrench must withstand the maximum power that is required to operate.
What features should I consider on an impact wrench?
- LED Lights allow you to work in low light or unlit areas.
- Comfort grips let you keep your device comfortable while working for a long time.
- Brushless motor enables you to load the tool.
- Power regulation allows you to work in different modes, if there is a lot of pressure, turn on one necessary mode, when the operation is is easy for the device, switch on another mode.
- Easy functioning of your model.
- Extension bar allows you to work in different places.
Impact Wrench Performance
- Torque — the higher this indicator, the faster the device works.
- Revolutions per minute, or RPM — the higher the speed, the faster the device will work with different materials.
- Impacts per minute, or IPM model — the greater impact per minute, the faster it can overcome the resistance and work faster.
We have answered all the most often asked questions about choosing and buying a cordless impact wrench.
Can 1/2 drive impact wrenches be adapted to use 3/8 sockets?
Unambiguous answer: yes, perhaps 1/2 drive impact wrenches are adapted to use 3/8 sockets.
1/2 “to 3/8” adapters are currently available on all the tool trucks and many other places that sell tools.
It is important that you use sockets that are suitable for the connector because devices that affect the connector itself and the wrong connector for the device can be damaged by using impact wrenches.
What Does an Impact Wrench Do?
The mechanism of operation of this device is quite simple, it performs work on the separation and fastening of nuts, bolts, various connections and other similar fasteners. In the factories, workshops, construction sites and in everyday situations in your home, this device is a priceless tool for fixing or disassembling various fasteners.
For example, the two elements are disconnected, in order to connect them: torque and hammer action. The cordless impact wrench makes a huge torque to twist the nut that you can’t do it manually.
Despite the fact that you do not have to use a cordless impact wrench every day, but there are such days when you come across a hard-welded nut or bolt, then there is no other device that will be compared to a cordless impact wrench.
It works as fast and powerful as possible, which saves you time and money and adds convenience when used.
Why do I need an impact wrench?
This device performs quite a bit of action, but its main aim is the twisting of threaded joints. The impact wrench does it qualitatively, quickly, saving your budget. Also, no owner of the car can live without the impact wrench, when you need to remove tire.
The cordless impact wrench is usually used to remove car nuts, but they can also be used in any other household situations.
To date, the cordless impact wrench is easily accessible, and each user can buy such a device to meet their needs. They are able to twist or unscrew threaded joints of nuts that are roughly tightened. When using these devices, loud noise is produced, so hearing protection should be worn.
Besides, be careful when you twist the threaded connection using a cordless impact wrench, as it is easy to twist it, which can lead to a stretch of the mechanism.
Can you use an impact wrench as a drill?
We can say one thing. It depends on how accurate the drilling location should be. For the needs of large construction, which require large openings to pass different wires, to create communications, then it is necessary to set the correct key. Nevertheless, the exact location of the hole, its size, circularity, and all of these factors are crucial, then it is worth to attach the usual drill.
Is Impact Wrench and Impact Driver the same?
Many users are often asked questions, and what are the advantages and differences of a shock screwdriver from ordinary, for whom a shock screwdriver is created, or simply a wrench from a conventional wrench, and why need this tool, for what purpose is it used?
And here it is important not to be confused and not to confuse the shock drill with a shock-type screwdriver, which will be more correctly called a wrench. Screwdriver or wrench has a tangential impact (in a plane perpendicular to the axis of rotation), what does this mean? This means that the effort with twisting screws or nuts is not added at a continuous pace, but with a high-frequency series of small strokes, it seems that you put on a nut a turnkey and began to knock on it with a hammer.
Total effort is calculated as the sum of the effort of these attacks per unit time.
What is different about impact sockets?
If you are not going to use power tools, then you need the cheaper regular sockets.
Also, to our knowledge, they are made of different materials.
The color of impact sockets is black because their surface is carbonized to temper the surface for durability. Surface-hard surface allows the impact socket to absorb quick changes in torque.
With a fairly high torque, the usual socket may change in shape.
Which battery type is best for a cordless impact wrench, NiCd or Li-ion?
The main component of this cordless impact wrench is the battery. The best battery impact wrench it should be lithium-ion, also, it should hold a charge for a long time, and even better, if there is a backup battery in the device, to increase its work time. It depends on its technical characteristics,working time and power.
Some electric impact wrenches have brush motors; others have brushless motors. Is one better than the other?
The main advantages of brushless DC motors (BLDCs) are high reliability and low maintenance compared to brushless motors. Indeed, all these benefits can extend the life of the engine to approximately 15,000 hours, which adds to the durability and reliability of the device. Also, brushless engines guarantee high performance – fast acceleration and light reversibility, very high working speeds and stable rotation characteristics. The freewheeling engine provides a lighter, smaller diameter, it is more compact. In addition, since permanent magnets are used for the field of the motor BLDC instead of electromagnetic different windings, as in shield motors, they have thermal cooling, heat dissipation is easier and faster to the external environment. Thus, the BLDC engine can produce more energy than DC motors, compared with its size, the energy loss is virtually eliminated, which is a great advantage for engine efficiency and is much more efficient in operation than shield motors.
Brushless motors offer several advantages over geared motors, including:
- High torque
- Increased efficiency
- High reliability
- Reduced volume at work
- Long service life (no erosion of the brush and switch)
- Removal of ionizing spark from the switch
- Absolute reduction of electromagnetic interference (EMI)
1/2″ Versus 3/8″: Which Cordless Impact Gun is Best?
When it’s time to buy, you’ll see two options available to you: 1/2 “and 3/8”, one of which, you have to choose and buy. There are two main differences between these two options, namely, power and compatibility.
The two-stage driver that’s used here, as a rule, has much more power, the torque is higher and it is a key indicator. Due to greater power, they are in most cases always larger than the size of the 3/8 option.
When deciding on the best cordless impact wrench, it comes down to whether you’re looking for the most powerful model, the best brand, the smallest, or the lightest or the one that has the most features. So we create a TOP 4, in our opinion, which are better than others.
The DEWALT DCF889M2 — the best overall! The device has a lot of useful functions, has an LED backlight, equipped with an ergonomic handle, intended for work on twisting or unscrewing screws, nuts and various other elements from different materials. Often, it is used at service stations for fast or qualitative assembly, as well as disassembly of parts of the car.
The DEWALT Bare-Tool DC820B — the best for money! Delivers durability, reliability, owners almost never complain about device breakdowns when working with it, high performance, safety and handle that is comfortable to hold in your hand for a long period of work.
The DEWALT DCF813S2 — the best 3/8 impact wrench, ideally suited for work with highly loaded fasteners. The bright backlight provides work in hard-to-reach places. Reliability, power, durability, and accuracy are qualities, which became the business card of the DEWALT DCF813S2 model.
The Milwaukee 2763-22 — the best premium choice device has a high torque – uses 2300 beats per minute, contains two long-lasting batteries and a multi-level charger. The power controller allows you to safely operate the cordless impact wrench at the highest level without overload and fatigue. The friction ring system offers you one of the best weld fitting approaches with comfort and speed.