Reliable corded impact wrench will be handy in any kind of repair, maintenance, or assembly work. However, it is getting harder to select the best corded impact wrench due to the variety of models and emergence of new ones. Another difficulty is that you will need to choose among not only impact wrenches but also impact drivers, so every customer has to know the difference.
What is that? Basically, an impact driver serves the same purpose as an impact wrench, but there are some distinguishing differences between them. First, the impact wrenches are mostly used by mechanics. Second, they are usually larger and heavier. So if you need to do some light housework, an impact wrench will be handy. It is less powerful and, in general, is designed to be applied differently. Anyway, let’s see what representatives of the corded impact wrenches and drivers worth your attention. This corded electric impact wrench review serves exactly this purpose.
Corded Impact Wrench Reviews
Porter-Cable PCE211: Compact and Handy Corded Impact Driver
The Porter-Cable PCE211 secures 450 foot-pounds of torque. The wrench presents 2,200 RPM and 2,700 BPM that guarantee impressively high speed. It is equipped with a 7,5 AMP motor that can perfectly deal with heavy-duty applications. When looking for the best corded electric impact wrench that allows coping with various lawn, house, or garden jobs, and will become loyal assistance when repairing a car, it is definitely worth considering this option.
The PCE211 has a comfortable handle that makes the work process easier and more pleasant. However, there is a small disadvantage: this corded impact gun is not as light as many users used to. Its weight is 7,5 pounds. Anyway, any more or less experienced operator will manage to use it without difficulty. In order to smooth out the weight issue, the manufacturer has cared for reducing vibration of the wrench, and thus, it becomes possible to get the most accurate results.
Saying that the Porter-Cable PCE211 is definitely the best corded impact driver may seem a bit presumptuous. Nevertheless, it belongs to the class of the best ones undoubtedly.
- The tool has a very attractive price for the value.
- The design is compact and handy.
- 3-year limited warranty.
- The wrench is a bit heavyweight.
Ingersoll-Rand 232TGSL: Lightweight Corded Impact Gun
The Ingersoll-Rand 232TGSL is a very promising high-performance tool. This is an air-powered model: it’s extremely potent and comfortable to use. Its adjustable power regulator makes the tool perfect for various repairs, including very heavy-duty applications. The wrench delivers maximum 625 foot-pounds of reverse torque and 550 foot-pounds of forwarding torque that allow it to cope with the most difficult cases.
This is the fastest model produced by Ingersoll-Rand brand. The tool is well-built and durable. It is actually one of the best corded impact drivers and deserves to be called the most powerful one among the corded impact guns on the list. This is potentially the best corded impact wrench for the operators who search for a really strong tool.
- A high-speed tool that delivers pit crew power at 10,000 RPM.
- It has a bright and attractive appearance (compared to gray dull models).
- This is a relatively lightweight 6-pound model.
- There is a sharp-edged nut at the handle base that can be dangerous to an operator’s hand.
HAMMERHEAD_HDIW075: Durable and Solid Impact Driver
The HAMMERHEAD_HDIW075 is one of the winners in the “best-for-the-money” category. This model presents 240 foot-pounds of torque (that is almost twice less compared to the Porter-Cable PCE211), nevertheless, it is a quite decent performance level for a corded-electric wrench. The tool is solidly built and should serve well for long. Since this is a high-quality item with some heavy parts, the wrench weighs a bit more than an average one. However, this is not an obstacle to use the tool and achieve the desired results. The wrench is also equipped with a forward/reverse switch that allows alternating between the directions quickly and easily. The HAMMERHEAD_HDIW075 is the best option for that money.
- The tool is well-built and durable.
- It is AC-compatible.
- It delivers high power without requiring a stationary air compressor to make it run.
- The wrench is not suitable for tight locations due to its massiveness.
- There is no ball socket and it can be a bit of a nuance. When using the wrench, friction holds the sockets in their place. However, it happens that the socket leaves on the nut when you start pulling the wrench away, and it’s irritating.
Makita 6952: Ideal Tool for Various Jobs
The Makita 6952 is an ideal tool for HVAC installers, plumbers, or electricians who work under different conditions. The wrench is featured with a variable speed trigger that is easy-to-operate and provides extra control for better results. The gearbox is covered with an impact-resistant aluminum shell that secures many years of the wrench good service. Though its 2,3 AMP motor is not very suitable for heavy-duty applications, it demonstrates high performance. Another advantage of the wrench is that it is equipped with a reverse switch next to the trigger, which provides its comfortable handling. Also, the Makita 6952 deserves some extra points for its ¼ hex bit shank that allows changing the bit quickly.
- This is the wrench with great gear protection and durability.
- It is equipped with the dual ball bearings that help the tool serve longer.
- The Makita 6952 is a pretty lightweight model (only 6,5 pounds).
- It delivers only 88,5 foot-pounds of torque.
NitroCat 1200-K: Quiet and Powerful Wrench
The NitroCat 1200-K is the strongest corded impact wrench in its class. It is featured with a comfortable handle that has an ergonomic design so the operator won’t get tired quickly. Such a handle provides better weight distribution, it makes the tool perfectly balanced. The wrench presents twin clutch and twin hammer mechanisms that turn it into a very handy high-performance tool. As well as many impact wrenches, this model is equipped with an easy-to-operate forward/reverse flip lever. The NitroCat 1200-K is another powerful impact wrench on the list with 200-900 foot-pounds of torque. So if you are looking for the best corded electric impact wrench, consider this option.
- It is surprisingly quiet (only 86 decibels).
- The wrench has a special through-the-handle exhaust design that doesn’t let debris hurtle at your face.
- It produces a low impact vibration.
- Be careful when using your sockets with this wrench: an impact anvil should seat fully or there will be the risk of ruining your sockets.
- Trigger control is excessively sensitive and it might take time to adjust for it.
Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV: Perfect Tool for Serious Jobs
The Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV has proven itself to be a high-performance impact wrench that is perfect for serious repairs. It amazes with its 550 foot-pounds of torque power. There is 3-speed regulator for controlling the power output in both forward and reverse directions. So it is easy to select the necessary speed and get the wanted result. The wrench has a balanced impact mechanism and rubberized handle that allow reducing vibration and make the operation as much comfortable as possible.
The wrench will help cope with almost any type of car repairs or garden maintenance projects, such as tires rotation, lawn mower blade change, and brakes repair. The Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV is a long-lasting durable wrench that allows doing repairs nonstop.
- The wrench has a solid composite design.
- It is incredibly lightweight (0,5 pound).
- This model has a very high price.
Topcraft 7.5: Ideal Impact Wrench for Light Projects
The Topcraft 7.5 wrench has an easy-to-operate forward/reverse switch so there are no issues with the alternating between the directions. The wrench comes with a great bonus: its packing includes 4 sockets (17, 19, 21 and 23 mm), and a case to store and carry the tool with the sockets easily.
The Topcraft 7.5 has probably the lowest price for such a good-quality wrench. Nevertheless, before buying it, consider that it delivers 230 foot-pounds of torque, which is not enough for actually heavy-duty applications. Thus, many car lug nuts cannot be removed using this wrench, in case they are attached very tightly. One more issue to consider is its weight: 8,8-pound tool is heavy enough to make you feel tired faster. The price is one of its biggest advantages so do not ignore this model when checking out top corded impact wrench reviews.
- This model has a long enough 6-feet cord.
- It is perfect for house and garden maintenance jobs (such as loosening blade nuts commercial mower).
- The tool is too weak to remove lug nuts on the tire.